Re: [Xen-devel] no Power-off after shutdown

To: Jon Mason <jdmason@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] no Power-off after shutdown
From: Kurt Garloff <garloff@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 13:13:47 +0100
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Matthias Pfafferodt <syntron@xxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 12:15:03 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Matthias, John,

On Wed, Feb 09, 2005 at 06:15:41PM -0600, Jon Mason wrote:
> On Wednesday 09 February 2005 02:55 am, Matthias Pfafferodt wrote:
> > I'm using SuSE 9.2 and the Xen RPMs provided by Kurt Garloff
> > (http://www.suse.de/~garloff/linux/xen). Xen is running fine.

I'm glad to hear this!

> > My probleme is that I need to shutdown and power off the computer without
> > access to the main power switch. I'm working on it using ssh. After
> > closing all domains but domain 0 I execute 'shutdown -h now' in domain 0.
> > The (software) system goes down and the hard disks are stoped but the main
> > power stays online.

Same here.

> You are probably lacking ACPI support in your kernel.
> What does you dmesg output say?

Now you confuse me.
Are you telling me that ACPI in dom0 should work?

Regards,
--
Kurt Garloff  <garloff@xxxxxxx>                            Cologne, DE
SUSE LINUX AG / Novell, Nuernberg, DE               Director SUSE Labs