Re: [Xen-devel] Other additional vnet questions

To: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Other additional vnet questions
From: "B.G. Bruce" <bgb@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 08:38:57 -0400
Delivery-date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 12:40:42 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Mike,

Thanks for your input, it helped a lot, as did getting a box up and
actually running it.  I think I have a better grasp of what it does, and
how it does it (for the basics).  I guess at first I was hoping it would
be more like one large virtual switch with solid VLAN capabilities.  I
see now that it is more like a normal bridge internally, but like having
one or more switches with IPSEC/*S/wan controlling your physical nics.

Some new questions: (I can hear the <groan> from here)  :-)

1)      for auth and conf security, how is keying handled?

2)      how do you set this up other than defining the security model?

3)      How can you differentiate between a valid second xend host that is
running vnets, and a rogue xend box (unlikely at this time, but ...)
that got lucky in guessing your vnetid, and security setting.

Regards,
Brian.