RE: [Xen-devel] problems saving in 2.04

To: "Arthur Bergman" <abergman@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] problems saving in 2.04
From: "Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 18:24:55 -0000
Cc: "Mike Wray" <mike.wray@xxxxxxxxxx>, <ian.pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 18:26:51 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> So, I upgraded to 2.04 and the saving still doesn't work correctly,
> however when I run xfrd under gdb or strace -fF it works perfectly.

Hmm, very interesting.

Please can you try applying this patch to your xend (no need to
recompile) which stops xend swallowing useful debug output.

http://xen.bkbits.net:8080/xen-2.0-testing.bk/gnupatch@4207b472nHz4nbC_O
JgbSmfRVow8XQ

You might want to modify it to capture stdout to xend-debug.log too.

> This would indicate that it is either a memory allocation error or a
> race condition somewhere, nice bug to track down :-(.

My bet would be on some stupid interaction with twisted and EAGAIN
return codes on the io path between xfrd and xend. I would instrument
the IO functions to see if they ever return error codes...

Thanks,
Ian