Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Xen kernel issue

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005, Travis Newman wrote:
OK just to let you know, that rpm command didn't work. Modifying it to
also include --nodeps installed it, but yum and others still don't
work.
Is there any way to use the fedora rpms without hosing the system like
I did? If so it's no bother to reinstall Fedora, since I only
installed it to test anyway.

Ah OK, I did it a slightly different way in reality, which should work for
you as well if you reinstall. What I did was basically, from an (almost) fresh install of fc3:

rpm -ivh --force [location of python 2.4]
cd /usr/bin/
ln -nsf python2.3 python   # this makes python 2.3 the default again
  # note there must be TWO > signs on the next line:
echo 'gpgcheck=0' >>/etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-devel.repo
yum --enablerepo=development install kernel-xen0 kernel-xenU xen

and then changed the first line of /usr/sbin/xend as previously mentioned.

If you install python 2.4 first, then the yum command shouldn't mess up your system at all. Unless there's something else I'm forgetting, and I don't think there is. Still, check that it's not trying to upgrade anything important before saying 'y' to the yum command.

Happy xenning,
--
Robin