[Xen-devel] ac_timer accuracy

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] ac_timer accuracy
From: kuas <ku4s@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 14:45:50 -0500
Delivery-date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 19:46:52 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,

I am trying to schedule some task within Xen. I am trying to find out
the smallest period that can be scheduled using ac_timer. I haven't been
able to understand it. I believe the timing are done in ns. The smallest
period that I can see the timer expired is around 1400 ns. But I have
never been able to actually schedule it to expired that short. There is
a variable TIMER_SLOP which is in 50000 ns. Is this the smallest timer
value that can be set in the timer?

I wonder if any other Xen developer has ever tried using this and know
the behavior. Is there any other way I can get a small and accurate
timer in Xen environment? Thanks in advance.

kuas