RE: [Xen-devel] OS/2

To: "gh" <gh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] OS/2
From: "Neugebauer, Rolf" <rolf.neugebauer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 11:24:26 -0000
Delivery-date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 11:27:57 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

IBM
> OS/2
> Warp in the other domains.
>
> To run OS/2 in domain 1-..., does it need to have a modified kernel?

For now you will need a modified OS/2 kernel. As far as I know no one is
working on this at the moment and I haven't heard of any plans in this
direction.

The VT support in Xen might become sufficient enough to run unmodified
OS/2 inside a Xen VM. If not that should probably be easier to fix than
porting OS/2 ;)

FreeBSD is currently not supported for Dom0 and Kip mentioned earlier in
a different post that this unlikely to happen any time soon.

Rolf