[Xen-devel] XEN migration architecture question

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] XEN migration architecture question
From: Eric Tessler <maiden1134@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 12:44:40 -0800 (PST)
Delivery-date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 20:45:29 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have an important question about XEN's migation operation related to the XEN block and network back/front drivers.  If I migrate a domain from one machine to another in the middle of heavy disk/network activity, what happnens to the back/front end XEN drivers? (I see they have suspend/resume operations but I don't believe they are being used)  I see that the front end drivers are passing machine addresses to the back-end drivers - are these pointers somehow still valid when a domain is moved to another machine?  Shouldn't the drivers wait until there is no I/O activity before being migrated?

Thanks,
Eric

Do you Yahoo!?