Re: [Xen-devel] allocating virtual nic to domain0

To: Andrew Theurer <habanero@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] allocating virtual nic to domain0
From: Felipe Alfaro Solana <lkml@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 16:55:11 +0100
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, bjoern.sessler@xxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 15:56:33 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 20 Jan 2005, at 15:02, Andrew Theurer wrote:

Björn Sessler wrote:

Hi Andrew,

i have a setup with 2 bridges, one on ethertap tap0 serving internal services like nfs for xenU domains and one on separate bridge eth0 for outside communication. so xen0/xenU internal traffic won't effect the bridge on eth0 and performance is much better... you need to define the mac in config-file, because with dynamic configuration both eth-devices in xenU will have same mac.

Actually, what I wanted to do was assign a xen virtual front-end ethernet to domain0, in a similar manner that one would assign one to another domain (nics = 1 in config file). I can't seem to do that for domain0. It seems like the options for domain0 ae a bit limited.

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean. Are you saying no network interfaces are available in domain0? domain0 has access to all physical interfaces installed on your machine. For example, I have a 3c59x and a RTL8139 which are both accessible from domain0 as eth0 and eth1, respectively.