Re: [Xen-devel] lvm management of block devices in dom0 not working as w

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] lvm management of block devices in dom0 not working as well as it should
From: Matthieu Patou <matxen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 22:44:29 +0100
Delivery-date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 21:53:00 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ian Pratt a écrit :
kaffe:/home/doogie# swapon -a
swapon: /dev/hda: Invalid argument

So, do those vbd-* commands actually work?

What happens if you export the device as a partition rather than a whole
disk?
I certainly recall that this was working at one point. I think it was
even hooked up such that size changes didn't require the the vbd to be
destroyed/recreated for xenU to notice.
Ian
Hello all,
i faced quite the same problem with lvm 2 + xen 2.x
i resized in dom0 a partition used in domX. The partition is formated in XFS format. I issued an lvm resize in dom0, it showed that the volume was extended, so i try an xfs_growfs on the mounted partition but nothing append ... In dom1 the partition was seen unchanged ...

I stopped the dom1 domain and mount the partition in dom0 (a xfs partition must be mounted in order to be extended ..) but xfs_growfs saw the Filesystem smaller than it was. After unmounting the volume and recreating dom1, i have been able to resize the FS in dom1
Quite strange ?
I've try to do the same on a volume used direcly in dom0 and in this case there was no prolbem (lvm resize + xfs_growfs were like a charm ...).
HTH !
Matthieu