Re: [Xen-devel] ARP problems in -testing?

Well, I could certainly be doing something wrong. That's why I'm asking if it's a bug, not saying definitely that it is. :-)

If I ping the guest domain from dom0, while running tcpdump in the slave domain, I do see arp requests and replies working. I can be pinging from dom0 to the slave and getting answers back at the EXACT SAME TIME that I am pinging from outside... the dom0 pings work, the outside pings arrive and go unanswered. As soon as I ping something from within the slave domain, the connection wakes up and works normally.

I have attached a redacted tcpdump text file... I have replaced the IP addresses, but it is otherwise exact. You will see that I am pinging from 69.0.0.74 to 69.0.0.77 (the master to the slave), which is working, while simultaneous requests from 24.0.0.10 go unanswered. There are correct arp request/reply packets, it's working, at least, over the virtual link.

The way this colocated server is configured:

network (wire) address 69.0.0.72/29
Router:  69.0.0.73
Domain0: 69.0.0.74
slave1: .75
slave2: .76
slave 3: .77  (this is the one I was using for testing)
slave 4: .78 (not yet active)
broadcast: .79

I just started on the list today and don't have any idea what you're talking about wrt a routed setup... but if it's just now been checked in, it's probably not in my code anyway. I'm in -testing, not -unstable.

(I won't bother redacting the server ips anymore if I post anything else, anyone with half an ounce of brains is going to figure it out anyway. I will continue to change my client IP, however.)