Re: Fwd: [Xen-devel] (repeatable) cross-domain networking failure

Maybe add some tracing to the backend driver -- it's possible the
backend isn't sending responses for those packets back to domU, and so
things seize up for a while. If no responses are being generated it is
because the backend thinks the packets are still in flight, so there
would be some bug-hunting to find out why that is.

I'm not at all familiar with the details of the networking implementation, so please bear with my questions. (Feel free to point me at existing documentation on the details that I may have overlooked.)

1. When you say "the backend", is there just one backend (running,
   perhaps, in dom0)? Or is there a backend in each domain?

2. When you talk about responses not being generated, are you referring to
   the ICMP and ARP traffic? (For the UDP traffic, there isn't expected to
   be any packet sent back from dom0 back to domU.)

Thanks,
mukesh