[Xen-devel] Domain 0 memory reservation problems

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Domain 0 memory reservation problems
From: Charles Schulz <cschulz@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 18:51:48 -0500
Delivery-date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 08:29:48 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I've built Xen 2.0.3 (stable) on a 2-way server with 4 GB of memory (8 GB during the make).  When I boot Xen it complains "Not enough memory for DOM0 memory reservation".  I get this same message with dom0_mem enties of '1', '65536', and '131072'.

Note the hosting OS during the build is a pristine install of RH 9.0.  The host is an IBM HS-20 blade server.

Chuck

If self-replicating chemicals had as hard a time reaching maturity as good ideas, this planet would still be lifeless. Robert Qualkinbush