Re: [Xen-devel] Debian Sarge Root Raid + LVM + XEN install guide (LONG)

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Debian Sarge Root Raid + LVM + XEN install guide (LONG)
From: maney@xxxxxxxxx (Martin Maney)
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 07:15:48 -0600
Delivery-date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 13:17:32 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, Jan 13, 2005 at 09:10:30AM -0000, Ian Pratt wrote:
> always feels slightly distasteful. I was hoping that we could come up
> with a procedure around debbootstrap and dpkg that was easy yet enabled
> individual tailoring of each install).

The drawback to debootstrap, IME, is just that it skips some basic
setup that isn't needed for a chroot, but has to be filled in for a
standalone system image.  Networking setup, apt sources, and other
things I'm unable to recall in the pre-coffee state.  I have some notes
I made a few months ago when I was messing about with setting up xen
domains, but I know they're incomplete.  More recently I've been too
busy to get the project box set back up for further work towards a
script to (mostly?) automate those things.  As well, I keep thinking
that someone must have done this before, if only I could find it.  :-)

--
And in the end, reality always tends to hit theory hard
in the face when you least expect it.  - Linus