Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Xen and reiser4

Mark A. Williamson wrote:

BTW anyone knows how to disable NPTL if there is not /lib/tls, I am
running Gentoo

I'd have expected moving /lib/tls to work. Are you sure TLS is really enabled anyhow? Do you get the warning banner when XenLinux boots?

Cheels
Mark

Yes I do yet the warning banner, and my system has nptl

# ls -l /lib/tls
ls: /lib/tls: No such file or directory

# ls -l /usr/lib/tls
total 0

# /lib/libc.so.6
GNU C Library 20040808 release version 2.3.4, by Roland McGrath et al.
PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Compiled by GNU CC version 3.3.4 20040623 (Gentoo Linux 3.3.4-r1, ssp-3.3.2-2, pie-8.7.6).
Compiled on a Linux 2.6.8 system on 2004-11-06.
Available extensions:
       GNU libio by Per Bothner
       crypt add-on version 2.1 by Michael Glad and others
       Native POSIX Threads Library by Ulrich Drepper et al
       BIND-8.2.3-T5B
       NIS(YP)/NIS+ NSS modules 0.19 by Thorsten Kukuk
Thread-local storage support included.
<http://www.gnu.org/software/libc/bugs.html>.

BTW: for Gentoo'ers: I used nptl use flag but didn't use nptl-only

Ming-Wei