[Xen-devel] Booting Xen/ia64

To: dan.magenheimer@xxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Booting Xen/ia64
From: Håvard Bjerke <havarbj@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 18:59:51 +0100
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 18:01:19 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I'm having problems booting Xen/ia64 on the machines here.

Everything seemed fine when I built Xen except for the

  CHK     include/linux/compile.h
ERROR: ia64_monarch_init_handler: 186 slots, total region length = 0
1 error detected in 11382 functions.
make: [unwcheck] Error 1 (ignored)

at the end of compiling domain 0, which shouldn't cause any problems.

I've then applied the privify tool to the vmlinux kernel.

Then I've put the resulting xenolinux and xen binaries into
/boot/efi/efi/redhat/, made a symlink "ln -s /boot/efi/efi/redhat/xen
/boot/xen", and put the following in /etc/elilo.conf:

default=xen

image=xen
        label=xen
        initrd=xenlinux
        read-only
        append="nomca console=simcons console=ttyS0 console=tty0 root=/dev/sda2"

However, when I boot nothing happens. This is the output:

BTW, how far into the future do you think unprivileged domains are?

Håvard