[Xen-devel] xen/ia64 ALPHA release

To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] xen/ia64 ALPHA release
From: "Magenheimer, Dan (HP Labs Fort Collins)" <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 16:27:32 -0800
Delivery-date: Sat, 01 Jan 2005 00:28:26 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have posted one additional file in:

ftp://ftp.hpl.hp.com/pub/xen-ia64/
  xenia64-privify.tar.gz: user-mode privification tool

Download this, untar it in xen-2.0/xen, then
follow the instructions in the README.privify file
(in arch/ia64/tools/privify_elf64).

When this tool is applied on a vmlinux created to
run on top of Xen/ia64 (see README.xenia64linux),
the result should boot cleanly as a domain0.

With this tool, I consider this the alpha release
of Xen/ia64 (with all the same caveats/restrictions
as before).

Feedback appreciated.

Happy New Year!
Dan