Re: [Xen-devel] running on Suse9.2

To: m h <sesquile@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] running on Suse9.2
From: Ian Pratt <Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 22:15:03 +0000
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 23:16:03 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> I'm sort of successful running xen on Suse9.2 (as the host). (It
> appears to work, but gives various warnings/failures during bootup).

It's probably just that our default kernel is configured
differently from the standard SuSE one. Have you installed
modules for the new kernel? That often quietens things down.

> I'm trying to run the same Suse9.2 as a domain on top of the host.  I
> made a disk image that I can start and log into.  I have a few issues.
>  The first I would like to deal with is networking.  It appears that I
> can reach machines on the local network but not on the internet.
> Pinging local machines works, but:
>
> green:~ # ping www.yahoo.com
> connect: Network is unreachable
>
> Is there additional configuration I need to do?  The host can ping the
> internet, too.
> Any suggestions?

Are you sure this isn't just a name resolution issue in the guest
or such like?  What happens if you ping a numeric IP?

The networking between the guests and host is L2 bridged. Have
you got the gateway in the guest configured correctly? (same as
the host).

Ian