Re: [Xen-devel] ReactOS port to xen: replacement for WinXP eventually on

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] ReactOS port to xen: replacement for WinXP eventually on xen?
From: "Mark A. Williamson" <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 17:21:12 +0000
Cc: Brian Wolfe <ahzz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 23:01:52 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> think). What about porting ReactOS over? It's GPL licensed, so including
> the patchset would be possible. The aim of ReactOS is to be a

There was a thread about this a while back.  I think it's a really cool idea.
It's just a question of whether there are enough ReactOS developers (or
people willing to learn) out there for someone to get stuck in and do a port.

> benifit. :) I do know that ReactOS is in need of drivers rather badly
> for most stuff since it's not yet 100% ABI compatible with Windows

Well if they use dom0 device drivers they can run on most platforms Linux runs
on, so I guess that may be useful to them.

Cheers,
Mark