Re: [Xen-devel] Networking: No bridge?

On Mon, 8 Nov 2004, Mark A. Williamson wrote:
Each domain network interface is connected to a virtual network interface in dom0 by a point to point link. By default the dom0 bridges its virtual interfaces (and thus the domains) together.

Great!

<..>

By creating your own derivatives of "network" and "vif-bridge" that accept the same set of arguments you should be able to set up whatever network config you want.

I think there's (more or less) information about this in the user manual. Let us know if the user manual's missing anything that should be in there.

I looked at the networking section, and didn't see a clear explanation of this. The explanation you gave above is very clear; might be good to just add it to the docs. :)

If you do come up with a cool set of scripts, we'd be interested in incorporating them into the release as an alternative configuration.

Once I actually get Xen running to start with, I'll see what I can do. :)