RE: [Xen-devel] usb storage vitualization

To: "Ian Pratt" <Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Deepak Manohar" <mjdeepak@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] usb storage vitualization
From: "James Harper" <JamesH@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 09:46:17 +1100
Cc: <Xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 04 Nov 2004 22:52:43 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >  If one needed to make a usb storage device usable in a
non-controller
> > domain what would be the best possible technique.
> >
> >  Can the existing blkfront and blkback drivers be used?
> >
> >  Assuming blkback/blkfront can be reused what changes needs to be
done
> on them?
>
> Doesn't it just work?
>
> If the USB storage device is present in dom0, I'd expect you to
> be able to export it to another domain in the usual way....

Does it just work? USB storage devices would probably alter all the time
in terms of their major and minor numbers, and would come and go as hot
pluggable devices do. Maybe udev takes care of all this though.

I ask because i'm interested in doing this too.

James