[Xen-devel] hda: Lost Interrupt

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] hda: Lost Interrupt
From: David Denny <david@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 21:48:01 +0000
Delivery-date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 20:01:10 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Well, I tried a few things but we all end up the same way. A whole heap of
hda: lost interrupt, after which it finally detects hda, then the same stuff
with hdb (both ide), then hdc (ide cdrom) which finally just sort of hangs.

Tried this with stock binary install, then "ignorebiostables", then removing
tls, then removing all the acpi, apm, ide=nodma, blah blah, OK then tried a
compile from source (after tussling with bitkeeper hohum), finally hacked
through a whole heap of make oldconfig stuff. Every time same result.

umm this is quite a recent athlon with a sis chipset and and the infamous asus
mobo, any ideas ppl?

or my latest attempt to run a virtual thingy is on ice till I can find a spare
serial console box...

TIA?
David Denny