Re: [Xen-devel] usb not working in dom0

> > Okay, this is the problem.  None of the USB options are in my
> > dist/install/boot/config-2.6.9-xen0 file.
> >
> > I used this:
> >
> > grep USB config-2.6.9-1.667 >> ~/xen-2.0/linux-2.6.9-xen0/.config
>
> The dist/install/boot/config-2.6.9-xen0 file is the master - you should be
> adding the USB options into this otherwise it'll overwrite the .config file
> if you make world.  Then run make world in the top level directory to build
> everything.

You should be able to modify the .config and then do a
'make dist' from the top-level.

'make world' is far more draconian -- it blows all the build
trees away and remakes them, and is intended to be used if you've
re-synced your repository and want to be sure you're in a
consistent state. It will blow your newly edited .config away --
copy it to dist/install/boot/config-XXX

Ian