Re: [Xen-devel] Domain 0 hardware problem with nForce2 AGP?

To: mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Domain 0 hardware problem with nForce2 AGP?
From: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 08:53:58 +0100
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Nuutti Kotivuori <naked@xxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 10:22:11 +0100
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> We don't support agpgart at the moment.
>
> IIRC, the agpgart driver needs to write to some PCI config-space registers,
> which Xen currently disallows.  The output you've posted suggests it also
> needs to see some special bridges too.  Xen hides bridge devices from dom0
> because for all other purposes, it's not necessary to reveal them.
>
> It may not be too hard to get arggart working (although it's unlikely to
> happen for 2.0).  If you (or anyone else) is interested in playing around
> with this, we'd provide support.  It seems likely that someone here will get
> round to implementing this eventually though...

Actually we're quite forgiving about what can be written to the PCI
config space as there is often all kinds of device-specific stuff
hidden in there. But, yes, we do enough cooking of accesses that we're
almost certainly messing up in this case.

 -- Keir