[Xen-devel] possible packet sniffer between domains?

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] possible packet sniffer between domains?
From: "Ronald G. Minnich" <rminnich@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 09:40:38 -0600 (MDT)
Delivery-date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 16:42:41 +0100
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I notice on some of my rx pages that there is more than one packet in the
page ... this is the case where the packet is at (e.g.) offset 0x5e, and
if I look at the page, there is a remnant of an IP packet at a lower
offset. This remnant was a much larger packet, so only the first 32 bytes
or so is there, but it is indeed there.

In other words, bits of old packets are appearing in the pages along with
the new packet.

More interesting, the packets are ones that seem like they weren't
destined for my domain.

Is it possible, in a multiple-domain situation, for DOM N+1 to see bits of
packets for DOM N? Just wondering.

I'm now feeding rx DHCP packets to Plan 9, it just doesn't like them for
some reason :-)

ron