Re: [Xen-devel] More on networking hang

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] More on networking hang
From: Rob Gardner <rob.gardner@xxxxxx>
Date: 10 Sep 2004 16:36:43 -0600
Delivery-date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 06:02:01 +0100
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, 2004-09-09 at 16:06, Ian Pratt wrote:
> It would be good to enable the debugging printf's in both the
> netfront and netback drivers.
>
> Can you repeat this with a single non-0 domain? Can you repeat it more
> easily by generating a background network load in dom0?

The network hang behavior does occur with just a single non-0 domain.

We got the following output in dmesg that looks interesting:

Freeing unused kernel memory: 116k freed
EXT3 FS 2.4-0.9.19, 19 August 2002 on ide0(3,1), internal journal
Adding Swap: 1020592k swap-space (priority -1)
ioperm not fully supported - set iopl to 3
ioperm not fully supported - set iopl to 3
ioperm not fully supported - set iopl to 3
ioperm not fully supported - set iopl to 3
device eth0 entered promiscuous mode
xen-br0: port 1(eth0) entering learning state
xen-br0: port 1(eth0) entering forwarding state
xen-br0: topology change detected, propagating
(file=interface.c, line=140) Successfully created netif
device vif1.0 entered promiscuous mode
xen-br0: port 2(vif1.0) entering learning state
xen-br0: port 2(vif1.0) entering forwarding state
xen-br0: topology change detected, propagating
(file=interface.c, line=140) Successfully created netif
device vif2.0 entered promiscuous mode
xen-br0: port 3(vif2.0) entering learning state
xen-br0: port 3(vif2.0) entering forwarding state
xen-br0: topology change detected, propagating
ip_conntrack: table full, dropping packet.
ip_conntrack: table full, dropping packet.
ip_conntrack: table full, dropping packet.
ip_conntrack: table full, dropping packet.
ip_conntrack: table full, dropping packet.
ip_conntrack: table full, dropping packet.
ip_conntrack: table full, dropping packet.
ip_conntrack: table full, dropping packet.
ip_conntrack: table full, dropping packet.
ip_conntrack: table full, dropping packet.
NET: 481 messages suppressed.
ip_conntrack: table full, dropping packet.
NET: 532 messages suppressed.
ip_conntrack: table full, dropping packet.
NET: 547 messages suppressed.
ip_conntrack: table full, dropping packet.
NET: 393 messages suppressed.
ip_conntrack: table full, dropping packet.
NET: 25 messages suppressed.
ip_conntrack: table full, dropping packet.
NET: 23 messages suppressed.
ip_conntrack: table full, dropping packet.
NET: 33 messages suppressed.
ip_conntrack: table full, dropping packet.