Re: [Xen-devel] Question about starting a domain

To: Kathy Chen <kathy_ios@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Question about starting a domain
From: Ian Pratt <Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2004 20:51:35 +0100
Cc: Steven Hand <Steven.Hand@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 01 Sep 2004 20:51:35 +0100
> Thanks, Steven.
> I did start the xend, and "Error: Internal Server
> Error" is the only output of "xm create ...".
>
> But after I copied the config file to
> /etc/xen/xmdefconfig, and used "xm create -c
> vmid=...". It works now!

Kathy,

Are you saying that the exact same config and invocation worked
when you renamed it to xmdefconfig but didn't when you specified
the config file using the -f option? It's pretty hard to see how
that could happen.

It would be useful to see the output of these two invocations so
that we can fix the bug.

Thanks,
Ian