Re: [Xen-devel] 2.4.26-xen0 unresolved symbol _mmx_memcpy in USB modules

To: "Mark Hurenkamp" <Mark.Hurenkamp@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] 2.4.26-xen0 unresolved symbol _mmx_memcpy in USB modules
From: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 09:47:52 +0100
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 09:50:55 +0100
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
My suspicion is that you have inconsistent build configurations for
your base kernel and USB modules. The latter is being built with
CONFIG_X86_USE_3DNOW, and therefore expects _mmx_memcpy. The base
kernel must be being built without CONFIG_X86_USE_3DNOW, as otherwise
that function is correctly EXPORT_SYMBOL()'ed by
arch/xen/kernel/i386-ksyms.c.

 -- Keir