Re: [Xen-devel] can't start domains

To: James Harper <JamesH@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] can't start domains
From: Ian Pratt <Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 09:24:20 +0100
Cc: Ian Pratt <Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, mike.wray@xxxxxxxxxx, Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 09:27:11 +0100
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> the output i sent yesterday was a combination of xend and xm, here's just the
> xm output:
>
> xen2:/etc/xen# xm create -f /etc/xen/gaia2
> Using config file "/etc/xen/gaia2".
> Error: Error creating domain: int argument required
>
> here's /etc/xen/gaia2
>
> #  -*- mode: python; -*-
> #import sys
> #import xenctl.ip
> vmid=3
> kernel = "/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.7-xenU"
> memory = 128
> name = "gaia2"
> cpu = vmid
> nics = 2
> vif = [ 'mac=FE:FD:01:00:04:00,bridge=br0',
> 'mac=FE:FD:01:00:04:01,bridge=br1' ]
> disk = [ 'phy:vg00/gaia2,sda1,w', 'phy:vg00/gaia2-swap,sda2,w' ]
> root = "/dev/sda1 ro"
> extra = " 4 VMID=%d " % vmid
> restart = False

Not withstanding the bug in Xend's error reporting path, it looks
like something is going wrong exporting vg00/gaia2-swap.

Can you do an 'sfdisk -s /dev/vg00/gaia2-swap' to check that dom0 is
happy with it.

The next thing to do would be to enable the debug printf's in
drivers/xen/blkback/common.h and then you might get some useful
messages on the dom0 console ('dmesg').

BTW: There was a multiple NICs bug that got fixed recently, so
you should probably be using a very recent checkout.

Ian