Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Xen breaking iSCSI

To: Niraj Tolia <ntolia@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Xen breaking iSCSI
From: Ian Pratt <Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 11:15:26 +0100
Cc: Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 11:24:26 +0100
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 15:14:56 +0100, Keir Fraser
> <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Well, I guess it sounds like a merging problem, so it could be that or
> > a bug in the backend driver that crept in while merging with the 2.6
> > driver.
> >
> > We'll need to be able to reproduce it ourselves, or get more
> > information by other means. e.g., see if you can track down the bug by
> > addign tracing to the drivers, or try a repository from a week or two
> > ago and see if it has the same problem.
> >

> Traced the bug down to a single changeset. It occurs with this
> changeset and after but not before it. I should note that I am using a
> xen0 kernel in dom.
>
> ChangeSet@xxxxxxxxxxx, 2004-07-26 16:09:53+01:00, kaf24@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>   A better fix for blkdev request merging. Should work for both IDE and
>   SCSI, and do as much merging as possible, and also no need for PIO
>   fallback mode.
>
> Let me know if you need any other information.

I suspect this will turn out to be a bug in the iscsi code...

Can you access the iscsi block device within domain 0 OK? Is it
only when you export it to another domain that there's a problem?

Have you tried using the 2.6 kernel and iscsi-4.0.1 driver?

Ian