Re: [Xen-devel] 2.6.7-xen0 hang on boot

To: Rik van Riel <riel@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] 2.6.7-xen0 hang on boot
From: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 21:46:17 +0100
Cc: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 21:48:29 +0100
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> On Wed, 11 Aug 2004, Keir Fraser wrote:
>
> > Very weird. We do some odd things to patch up negative-offset segment
> > offsets, so perhaps trying with 'nosegfixup' added to Linux cmdline
> > would be worthwhile.
>
> OK, 'nosegfixup' seems to fix things, the system is booting
> now ...

Well, good news in that I know which piece of code is causing the
problem. Bad news in that it obviously isn't robust enough yet. :-(
I've only just finished fixing it for FC2!

> > Apart from that, I'll download FC3 myself -- is
> > it Fedora Core 3 Test 1 that you are using?
>
> Close enough, I installed rawhide a week or so after
> test 1 was released.  I suspect FC3 test 1 should show
> the problem.

I shall give FC3T1 a go in the first instance. I see no ISOs for
rawhide so I guess I would have to download a bootstrap ISO and do a
network install?

  -- Keir