Re: [Xen-devel] altering domain memory limit

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] altering domain memory limit
From: David Becker <becker@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 20:16:14 -0400
Delivery-date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 01:20:31 +0100
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
My VM expertise has hit its limit.  I'm trying to change
pagetable_init() in linux-2.4.26-xenU/arch/xen/mm/init.c
to make room for future allocations of new pages from xen.
The domain dies as soon as it tries to do this set_pmd()
        set_pmd(pmd, __pmd(_KERNPG_TABLE + __pa(pte_base)));
for any space beyond start_info.nr_pages

The values of pte_base and pmd line up with the values for all the other
ptes, and fall within the "Page tables" region of the domain memory
arrangement.

Does domain creation somehow freeze the page table size for a domain?