[Xen-devel] Practical questions, ssh a domain, HD (Xen-Unstable)

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Practical questions, ssh a domain, HD (Xen-Unstable)
From: Rune Johan Andresen <Rune.Johan.Andresen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 19:24:28 +0200 (MEST)
Delivery-date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 10:32:34 +0100
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi, the CD rom HOWTO seems to be pretty outdated, so I ask some practical questions here: (Thanks for the superb support on this mailinglist!)

Because of the sysops at work are hacking on the ip-setup these days I have some problems giving IP addresses to my domains. I need to know how to ssh or scp to my domains so I can finally benchmark Xen. I guess this is pretty intuitive, but the unstable docs are no exisitng :) (I can write a howto after this project for you for setting up Xen on Debian Sarge if you want - the least I can do after all this support, If you wish)

So the first question is: How to I figure out the local ip address for a domain so i can SSH it?

After running some domains I got a failure on fcdsk on bootup. How does Xen use ONE partitions to give each domain HD space? After shutting down the guest OS, where is the data copied into this domain stored and how can you actually find this data again? Do you recommend to have one partition for each domain? At least it seems like I have something wrong in the configs for HD setup.

Again, thank you!

Rune J.A