RE: [Xen-devel] can't mount root... devfs???

To: Ian Pratt <Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] can't mount root... devfs???
From: James Harper <JamesH@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 12:58:53 +1000
Cc: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 02 Jul 2004 04:01:02 +0100
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I'm now recompiling both xen0 and xenU with devfs not compiled in (I had tried booting xenU with devfs=nomount and it didn't make a difference).

One thing I did just notice is now that the xenU config is fixed for SCSI (make menuconfig would crash if you tried to access SCSI), I can actually go in there and enable or disable scsi in the kernel. I assume that even though xen0 is using the scsi device directly, and that i'm exporting /dev/sda7 to xenU, xenU shouldn't need any scsi block devices at all, is that correct? SCSI was enabled, i'm now trying it with SCSI not selected at all.

thanks

James