Re: [Xen-devel] Xen-Unstable : strange power cycling problem

To: "sh1978a@xxxxxxxxx" <sh1978a@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Xen-Unstable : strange power cycling problem
From: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 20:44:16 +0100
Cc: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 20:51:51 +0100
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I was making use of a 'protocol private' part of the per-packet
'skbuff' structure to store some useful info. Comments in Linux seemed
to indocate that whoever currently had the skbuff queued could safely
use this area. This is actually untrue (at least for net devices,
which admittedly isn't protocol code :-) ).

Just so happened that for certain packet types and timings we'd
overwrite TCP info in that area which caused havoc.

 -- Keir

> Great !!
>
> So what was causing this bug?
>
> sachin
>
> Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> This domain-crashing bug should now be fixed in the unstable
> repository. I can now run 'nmap' happily from any domain to any domain
> with no problems.
>
> -- Keir

 -=- MIME -=-
--0-16753591-1088536204=:37972

Great !!

So what was causing this bug?

sachin

Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

This domain-crashing bug should now be fixed in the unstable
repository. I can now run 'nmap' happily from any domain to any domain
with no problems.

-- Keir

--0-16753591-1088536204=:37972

<DIV>Great !!</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>So what was causing this bug?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>sachin<BR><BR><B><I>Keir Fraser &lt;Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx&gt;</I></B>
wrote:</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px;
BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid"><BR>This domain-crashing bug should now be
fixed in the unstable<BR>repository. I can now run 'nmap' happily from any
domain to any domain<BR>with no problems.<BR><BR>-- Keir<BR></BLOCKQUOTE><p>
                <hr size=1>Do you Yahoo!?<br>
<a
href="http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/10/*http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail/static/efficiency.html";>New
 and Improved Yahoo! Mail</a> - Send 10MB messages!
--0-16753591-1088536204=:37972--