[Xen-devel] error report + support questions

To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] error report + support questions
From: "Rune Johan Andresen" <runejoha@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 11:03:12 +0200
Delivery-date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 11:34:31 +0100
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi, with the latest bitkeeper download the xeno-unstable is not
downloaded the proper way. They found a bug yesterday and today is
gives errormessages like: broken pipe, bitkeeper does not support <the
latest version>. The final tree is not looking good, f.eks the config
files looks messed up etc.

Well, I still have boot up problems and I am still trying to solve it.
You might know what happens with following information(?):

When i add console=tty0 it boot up until "Freeing unused kernel memory:
112 freed".

When i dont add it, as recommended, Xen unly boots up a few lines
(until (XEN) ..... hit ctrl + d 3 times ...) Here it might be some
conflict between the Red Hat enterprise 2, which is the OS i am trying
this on, and the Xen kernel (?). Is there a "easy way" to compile the
Xen kernel with the old config file. I was trying to put the old config
file information under the Xen specs in the intall/boot/.config and do
a make -j4 world afterwards, but got an error after long time
compiling, and I don't know enough about the Xen code to really know if
this functions.

best regards
Rune J.Andresen