Re: [Xen-devel] more bootupproblems with xen

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] more bootupproblems with xen
From: xen user <xen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 13:01:58 -0700
Delivery-date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 21:10:37 +0100
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Rune Johan Andresen wrote:
Hi, thanks for answers. Grub can now find the files, but there are even a worse nut to solve now:

When booting I get this messages:

Warning: unable to open an initial console.
Kernel panic: no init found. Try passing init= option to kernel

This is a common failure message in bootup, but I am not sure what I do wrong now.

df -k gives:

/dev/hda2 38076936 4064044 etc..
/dev/hda1 124427 ...... /boot
none ..... ....... /dev/shm

grub conf :

title Xen

root(hd0,0)
kernel /xen.gz dom0_mem=131072 watchdog noreboot com1=115200 noht
module /xenolinux.gz root=/dev/hda1 ro console=tty0

Hi Rune,

I've only run 1.0 but I use grub and may have some ideas. The kernel and module instructions may require a full path. Also, df -k shows /dev/hda1 as /boot. You need to specify where / lives. I'm guessing it's /dev/hda2. If so, try this in your grub.conf file.

  root(hd0,0)
  kernel /boot/xen.gz dom0_mem=131072 watchdog noreboot com1=115200 noht
  module /boot/xenolinux.gz root=/dev/hda2 ro console=tty0

Hope that solves the problem.

Mike Wright

Any ideas? I have trried to search for this problem but have not got any useful. I am useing the last
binary stable xen version.

Thank you! :-)

Rune