RE: [Xen-devel] domain0 no longer boots

To: Ian Pratt <Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] domain0 no longer boots
From: James Harper <JamesH@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 17:05:24 +1000
Cc: Ian Pratt <Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 08:07:30 +0100
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
this works for dom0, but the 'U' kernel needs it's own modules (which shouldn't be copied automatically to /lib/modules).

Is it possible to change the full names of the kernels to 2.4.26-xen0 and 2.4.26-xenU for domain 0 and >0 respectively? At least that way the modules could be copied to /lib/modules even if they would never actually be used from there.

I think i'm getting closer to starting another domain > 0. I just started it, then a few seconds later xend wrote a message about netif and then I lost my remote ssh connection to domain0. I assume that this is the bridge problem you described earlier.

Actually I have just found that I can connect to the other domain. For some reason eth0 has grabbed a dhcp address even though /etc/network/interfaces tells it to have a static address. But for today, i'll still call it success!

*yay*

James