RE: [Xen-devel] problems starting domains

To: Ian Pratt <Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] problems starting domains
From: James Harper <JamesH@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 20:23:28 +1000
Cc: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 11:25:15 +0100
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hmmm.... sda7 definitely contains a valid filesystem. It was actually running under uml.

is there any way I can see the output? any hints about why it might exit?

here's the guts of my config file, maybe you can see something wrong with it...

import sys
import xenctl.ip
try:
    vmid = int(vmid) # convert to integer
except:
    raise ValueError, "Variable 'vmid' must be an integer"
if vmid <= 0:
    raise ValueError, "Variable 'vmid' must be greater than 0"
kernel = "/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.26-xenU"
memory = 128
name = "sbssgw1 vm %d" % vmid
cpu = vmid  # set based on vmid (mod number of CPUs)
nics=1
mac = [ "aa:00:00:00:00:11" ]
hostname= "vm%d" % vmid
disk = [ 'phy:sda7,sda7,w' ]
root = "/dev/sda7 ro"
extra = "4 VMID=%d " % vmid
/boot in domain0 is a different partition to /... that wouldn't make a difference would it?

thanks

James