Re: [Xen-devel] How does hypervisor handle the hypercalls fromguest OSes

To: "K.C. Chiu" <B8844014@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] How does hypervisor handle the hypercalls fromguest OSes?
From: Ian Pratt <Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 08:15:34 +0100
Cc: "Ian Pratt" <Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, rolf.neugebauer@xxxxxxxxx, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 11 May 2004 08:17:24 +0100
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Well, I'm trying to enhance the operating system security through VMM
> technology.
>
> For guest OS's Audit log, I want to put the audit log file in domain 0's
> file system to avoid any modification from guest OSes.
>
> therefore, I need to encapsulate a new command into dom0's operation
> hypercall and hanlde the command in hypervisor to read the audit log file.

Use xen 1.3 ("unstable") as this provides much better support for
doing this -- there are generic communication and console paths
for between domains.

You could either just use the console connection to domain 0 (and
have xend log security messages to disk), or create a separate
console connection for security messages (again, modifying xend
to log to the messages).

Ian