Re: [Xen-devel] Freeing skbs (again)

To: Xen list <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Freeing skbs (again)
From: Jacob Gorm Hansen <jacob@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 18:40:40 +0200
Delivery-date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 17:43:08 +0100
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, 2004-04-27 at 16:54, Jacob Gorm Hansen wrote:

>     struct sk_buff* skb = np->rx_skbs[id];
>     dev_kfree_skb_any(skb);
> }
>

> -- which crashes on dev_kfree_skb_any().

I guess I know why now. The skb->head ptrs all point to pages that are
no longer mapped, this is why accessing data pointed to by skb_shinfo()
(which the dealloc routine does) is bad. I could manually
kfree(skb->head); but this still leaves empty mappings in the virtual
memory map :-(

I guess I need to flush the rings instead, but I suppose that means
xen-queued outgoing packets will be dropped? Maybe I will just have to
live with that.

Jacob