Re: [Xen-devel] Xen Startup error

To: Cong Du <ducong@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Xen Startup error
From: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 11:44:11 +0100
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 11:52:59 +0100
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Hi, guys
> I am trying to use the Xen Demo CD and it has errors when starting up.
> We have two CPUs.
> This problem only occurs when the system is booted from the first entry:
> Xen / XenoLinux 2.4.25.
> If the system is started from the safe mode, it is fine.
> Can you help me in this problem?

Probably dodgy ACPI tables. Sounds like you don't to parse the ACPI
tables to boot successfully though. Just make sure you always run Xen
with 'noacpi' in the command line.

Parsing ACPI config table sis only necessary if you want to ue
Hyperthreading on P4 processors, or for some SMP motherboards with
tricky IO-APIC setups.

 -- Keir