Re: [Xen-devel] Problems with latest unstable 1.3

To: "Barry Silverman" <barry@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Problems with latest unstable 1.3
From: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 07:53:02 +0100
Cc: rolf.neugebauer@xxxxxxxxx, "Keir Fraser" <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 07:55:15 +0100
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> So, with the current 1.3 - should I put the network device in xen, or in
> xenolinux for domain 0?
>
> I tried put eth0 in xen, and xenolinux doesn't seem to see it (even though
> it used to before that last couple of major code drops). Do I have to
> configure something different in domain 0?
>
> Barry Silverman

For normal use you should leave the device drivers in Xen --- this is
because as yet there is no way to export device access from DOM0 to
other non-privileged guests.

However, it was useful to get debugging feedback when you ran device
drivers in DOM0 --- but right now it's not actually much use to anyone
except for debugging.

Give it a week or two and this will change. :-)

 -- Keir