Re: [Xen-devel] Out of memory during Domain creation

To: "Woloszynski, Charles" <charles.woloszynski@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Out of memory during Domain creation
From: Ian Pratt <Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 23:44:43 +0000
Cc: "'xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 23:55:36 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Is there any way to detect  that Xen is out of memory when it creates a
> domain?  I just spent quick a bit of time rebooting Xen to try to figure out
> what I was doing wrong, and, in the end, it was an out-of-memory error.
>
> I'd love to hack the xc_dom_create.py to report this error more explicitly
> if there is a mechanism for this.

Apologies -- we're aware of this but haven't had time to do a
fix. The dom0_op returns ENOMEM, but somewhere along the line
this error code is getting dropped. We should probably hack the
python-C interface to generate an exception rather than return an
error code.

Patches gratefully received ;-)

Cheers,
Ian