[Xen-devel] RE: VBD / VD Problem

Hi there,

Your first problem looks like a typo.  Your output from "xc_vd_tool.py list"
shows two virtual disks, IDs '1' and '2'.  Your command line for
xc_dom_control.py specifies 'vd:0' as the uname of the VBD to add.  According
to the output of your VD listing, 0 doesn't exist, which is why the control
tool is exploding.  I'll look at adding some error checking into it.

In answer to your second question: the /dev/xvd* nodes aren't created by the
control tools, however there is a script provided to create them for you in
tools/misc/xen-mkdevnodes.  I might add a note on this into the VBD-HOWTO when
I get a chance.

Cheers,

Mark