[Xen-devel] NetBSD port updated

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] NetBSD port updated
From: Christian Limpach <chris@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2004 17:31:32 +0100
Cc: Ian Pratt <Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Sat, 07 Feb 2004 16:49:09 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello!

I've updated the NetBSD port:
- use pagetable pinning (requires Xen1.2 with ChangeSet 1.705 applied).
- fix PG_ZERO page not empty failure
- fix memory leak in network driver
- boot regular/unmangled kernel from NetBSD specific domain builder

NetBSD seems quite stable with these changes now...

See http://lola.pin.lu/netbsd/xen/readme-040207 for details on how to get
started...

Ian/Keir: the patches for the domain builder are at
http://lola.pin.lu/netbsd/xen/xen12-netbsd_domaintools.diff
I had to modify xc_dom_create.py (and called it xc_dom_create_nb.py for now)
because I don't ((feel like I) want to) know how to call function references
in python ;-)  If you make the builder call indirect through builder_fn,
xc_dom_create.py should work for both NetBSD and Linux.  There could
probably be some more code sharing between xc_linux_build.c and
xc_netbsd_build.c, maybe even auto-detection...

   christian