Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Questions on Copy-on-Write

Hi!

> I'm in the very last stage of testing/debugging/enhancing/refining/
> CoW for 2.4. Because it's a driver for Linux kernel, it's quite
> independent from Xen and thus requires little (if any) Xen modification.

Have you looked at device-mapper?  I think it's included in 2.6 and it's
also available for 2.4 and it includes a CoW mapping module.  It's really
well designed, I liked it enough to bother implementing it on NetBSD.

> Just create a CoW multi-disk device with VBDs in XenoLinux
> and that's it.

Doesn't this sit at the wrong level?  This would make all disk accesses on
these devices go through Domain0?

    christian