Re: [Xen-devel] NetBSD port and a couple of remarks

To: Christian Limpach <chris@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] NetBSD port and a couple of remarks
From: Steven Hand <Steven.Hand@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 10:49:36 +0000
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 11:23:06 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> I have made a NetBSD-current kernel which boots on Xen.  It still has some
> problems but it's good enough to boot multi-user and allows logins.

That's excellent news!

> While working on this, I noticed a few problems and I'm wondering if these
> are corrected in Xen versions >1.1:

<snip>

Well not sure off hand if these problems are fixed (I had a quick scan
through the 1.0 world but it seems like ancient history :-) I did notice
a somewhat odd behaviour in the pinning case (dropping reference counts)
but it's possible that I just misremember how it used to work..

Anyway: strongly recommend you move to 1.2 or 1.3-devel as there are
a large number of improvements and bug fixes in a variety of areas. It
also makes getting technical feedback on the list a bit easier since
most of us are using >= 1.2.

> Finally, if someone could get me a xen-1.2 and/or xen-unstable tree out of
> bitkeeper, that would be much appreciated.

It's all free to access, e.g. just type one of

   bk clone bk://xen.bkbits.net/xeno-1.2.bk
   bk clone bk://xen.bkbits.net/xeno-unstable.bk

Currently writes to the repository need to be filtered through one
of us; email or similar works just fine. We may move to a more
decentralized scheme in the future.

cheers,

S.