Re: [Xen-devel] IDE CD-ROM drive problem

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] IDE CD-ROM drive problem
From: Evan Deaubl <evan@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 21:37:57 -0800
Delivery-date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 05:38:18 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
The only platform I've been able to test this on so far is a VMWare setup (I
don't imagine native hardware being different, as I've had the same results
from both thus far), but here are the results.  If I boot now with no disk in
the drive, it reports "No medium found" in the drive, even when I put a disk in
the drive to mount.  If I boot with a disk in the drive, then it behaves the
same as it did when I removed the block of code in xenolinux_block_open().

I will try and get the boot output to dump to a serial file and post it
tomorrow.

I concur, though, looks like bringing in all the CD-ROM code would be icky...

--
Evan Deaubl
evan@xxxxxxxxx