[Xen-devel] running multiple domains from the cd demo

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] running multiple domains from the cd demo
From: Jefferson Ng <jwng@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2003 22:09:10 -0800 (PST)
Delivery-date: Sun, 07 Dec 2003 06:10:10 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi again,

  So we went back to the cd demo just to see how things should look and
run.  Running one domain with the xenctl script -f/etc/xen-mynewdom is
fine. It creates a happy domain that we can ssh into.  However when we try
to create another domain, another virtual machine, we get the error
"Failed to create domain using: /usr/local/bin/xi_create 98304 XenoLinux".
This failure is from the first basic command "xenctl domain create".  We
were wondering how to create multiple domains, multiple virtual machines,
just using the cd demo.

  We were also wondering about creating ram disks.  The cd demo uses a ram
disk it seems.  We didnt realize that we were expected to have created
seperate partitions for each domain.  We'd rather not reinstall
everything just to create new partitions.
  So we were hoping to use a ram disk ourselves.  How was the
ram disk for the cd demo created and filled?  When does the ram disk get
created?

  Sorry for so many questions and thanks for all the quick answers we've
been getting.

Thanks for the help,
Jeremy Chiu, Jefferson Ng, Dave Berlin