[Xen-devel] OpenSSI, HyperSCSI, and UBD style block devices...

To: Xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] OpenSSI, HyperSCSI, and UBD style block devices...
From: Ian Blenke <icblenke@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2003 15:49:00 -0400
Delivery-date: Fri, 03 Oct 2003 20:50:13 +0100
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Before I spend the next few weeks wasting time on the following, it seemed best to ask these questions on the list first.

Has anyone managed to get OpenSSI nodes running in Xen domains? While you can run an older version with an ancient release of UML (before the SKAS speedups), there is really no way to scale a cluster across a number of hosts without running bare-metal. (http://www.openssi.org)

Has anyone tried a HyperSCSI or iSCSI root volume yet? It would be nice to store the image volumes on a SAN/NAS server and merely have a computing grid running Xen domains. (http://nst.dsi.a-star.edu.sg/mcsa/hyperscsi/)

Instead of using VD extents for VBD devices, is there any work toward UML's UBD style COW devices? It would be nice to have commit checkpoints with rollbacks, as well as single backing store volumes for a number of similar nodes.

You can see where I'm heading with all of this...

--
- Ian C. Blenke <icblenke@xxxxxxx>
(This message bound by the following: